What’s in a TRS teacher’s bag? Or Many Bags? Or cars?!
Around a year ago, Steph did a lovely blog about ‘prop’s in the car!’ This year, we have more teachers, therefore more props and who knows what in the car! Which is why I thought we’d give you a sneak peak into a TRS teachers car….
We got the teachers to send us photos of their very busy cars. If you have ever been a passenger in a dance teachers car you’ll know that it’s a jungle in there! Trying to squeeze between pompoms, feathers, balls, bean bags, hula hoops and so much more!
So what exactly do we have in our cars?
We created a ‘general list’ here for you:
- Our favourite props – these are our go-to props. You maybe called to cover on short notice and you never know what or who you maybe teaching.
- Speakers – essential for any dance teacher!
- Spare clothes/shoes.
- Hair ties – you always get the ones that break at the most inconvenient times!
- Water – after all, it’s very thirsty work. Not just one bottle, often a large stash of water!
- First aid kit
- Food – yes, we get very hungry! And you can often spot us parked up in the car enjoying a spot of lunch! Who has time to go into a café?!
- And due to the above… perhaps a lot of empty food wrappers! *pulls embarrassed face*
- Notebooks and pens (basically we could put any stationary store to shame!)
- Diary… wait… DIARIES.
- TRS Teacher pack!
And, if you are also like me… I have a few added extra’s in my car:
- TRS Promotion Banner
- Wellies, not just for the weather… great for gumboot dancing!
- Boot Organiser (this has been a life saver!)
- Merchandise… just think of me as the TRS postman, well postwoman.
- BIN! Yes, as mentioned above, I got a bit tired of having a messy car… so I purchased a bin.
We are always on the go, so we basically live in our cars, and our work does too! But we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Maybe there’s a few extra you can think of? Let us know! And on the plus side, we can never get bored with all of these wonderful, colourful props to play with!