Last week I was told what my two passions were and this got me thinking about why I’m franchising The Right Step. It’s a big undertaking and a huge investment of time and money so what are my motivations? It soon became apparent that I have lots and lots of reasons and they all get me very excited!
So here, in no particular order, are the first ten.
- It’s not as difficult as some people think so I want to teach people how they can run a business too.
- I’m a workaholic and this is the next natural step.
- I’m proud of what I’ve achieved so far and I want more people to know about it.
- I’d like to give other people the opportunity to progress their career. I’m lucky to not have to work every hour of every day if I don’t want to. The business model allows me to do that so I’m going to share it with other dance practitioners.
- Someone said “I wish I could do what you do” three years ago and ever since then I’ve been formulating my plans!
- I believe dance should be available for all. We’ve achieved this locally, it’s time to roll it our everywhere!
- I’ve done a lot of work and I want more people to benefit from that.
- I want to expand my company.
- I’d like to make more work for more dance teachers.
- I spent five years with the current team at The Right Step working hard through trial and error. It’s time to put our experience to better use and help out some others.
And the two passions in my life?
1. Everybody should have the opportunity to try dance because it makes people happy.
2. I want to give other dance artists the chance to progress their career as I have.
I think they were quite right!